|Delivery of MARIN Mermaid Simulator to SMIT Towage Northwest Europe|
|Thursday, 26 April 2012 18:13|
Since 2008, SMIT and URS have been training their tug masters in the Netherlands and Belgium with MARIN Mermaid simulators.
As part of its Tug Master program, SMIT used a Compact Manoeuvring Simulator called “De Brug” for purposes of training and assessment at its office in Rotterdam. In parallel, URS carried out part of their training and assessment needs on the BRABO pilots simulator in Antwerp. After establishing SMIT Towage Northwest Europe, in which the towage activities of SMIT and URS in the Dutch and Belgian ports have been combined, it was decided to upgrade the Rotterdam simulator and to relocate it to Antwerp.
Latest Book Reviews
- Admiral Nimitz: The Commander of the Pacific Ocean Theater
- A Plain Sailorman In China: The Life and Time of Cdr. I.V. Gillis, USN 1875-1948
- Double Cross: The True Story of the D-Day Spies
- What’s In It For You?
- The Naval Institute Guide To The Ships And Aircraft Of The U.S. Fleet
- Two Roads To War: The French and British Air Arms from Versailles to Dunkirk
- The World Of Arthur Ransom
Latest CommentsChaithra: A recent Boat/US Magazine atclrie reported that 70% of boat sales were sales of used boats. It's no ...
Dermot bremner: Every system has its day, they have their day and cease to be .
Alfred Lord Tennyson
aryastark: I have been having a whole discussion with my friend's husband (who is an engineer) aboutnatural gas...
Nazery Khalid: Hi Ross
Greetings from Malaysia. Thanks for your comment and for sharing your invention...