|New Lochin Police Launch for Hampshire Police|
|Friday, 20 April 2012 11:58|
Hampshire Police Authority Marine Unit has ordered a new Lochin 367 Police Launch, purpose-designed to fulfill expected changes in their operational status in Southampton.
The new vessel is expected to service the Solent and adjacent sea areas. This is the reasoning behind the choice of the Lochin, a capable ‘offshore’ craft with a longer range capability higher cruise speed capability of 20 knots fully-laden. The proven qualities of the Lochin's 11m hull utilise an innovative flexible wheelhouse format offering optional length and width to satisfy specific applications. This design has been pivotal to the awarding of this contract where space utilisation for specialist equipment, a comfortable living area and a significantly enhanced operating capability were prerequisite requirements.
The build strategy, sophisticated electrical system and electronics package are designed for a 15-year service life, typically operating around 1500 hours per annum.
Latest Book Reviews
- They Sang Like Kangaroos: Australia’s Tinpot Navy In The Great War
- Great British Shipwrecks: A Personal Adventure
- Global Marine Trends 2030
- Ferries 2011: British Isles and Northern Europe
- Admiral Nimitz: The Commander of the Pacific Ocean Theater
- A Plain Sailorman In China: The Life and Time of Cdr. I.V. Gillis, USN 1875-1948
- Double Cross: The True Story of the D-Day Spies
Latest CommentsPatricia Brooks: How very true. We are deep sea pilots here in Northern Europe offering a service endorsed and licen...
Pleased to see that sound science is getting a hearing. Over the past 30 years or so, inc...
Chaithra: A recent Boat/US Magazine atclrie reported that 70% of boat sales were sales of used boats. It's no ...
Dermot bremner: Every system has its day, they have their day and cease to be .
Alfred Lord Tennyson