|New oil discovery in the Santos Basin pre-salt cluster|
|Friday, 13 April 2012 14:14|
Petrobras announces the discovery of a new good-quality oil accumulation at well 1-RJS-689A (1-BRSA-925A RJS), to the north of Lula field, in the Santos Basin pre-salt cluster.
The new well, known as Dolomita Sul, is located at a water depth of 1,747 meters and is 177 km off the coast of Rio de Janeiro State (Block BM-S-42). Petrobras is the sole concession holder of this block.
This discovery pushes the potential of the pre-salt region beyond the initial expectations.
The well, still in the drilling phase, also has more ambitious objectives. After drilling is completed, Petrobras will evaluate the productivity of these reservoirs using formation tests.
The discovery was initially confirmed by cable test oil sampling, in pre-salt carbonate reservoirs, at around 5,660 meters deep.
Latest Book Reviews
- Ferries 2011: British Isles and Northern Europe
- Admiral Nimitz: The Commander of the Pacific Ocean Theater
- A Plain Sailorman In China: The Life and Time of Cdr. I.V. Gillis, USN 1875-1948
- Double Cross: The True Story of the D-Day Spies
- What’s In It For You?
- The Naval Institute Guide To The Ships And Aircraft Of The U.S. Fleet
- Two Roads To War: The French and British Air Arms from Versailles to Dunkirk
Latest CommentsChaithra: A recent Boat/US Magazine atclrie reported that 70% of boat sales were sales of used boats. It's no ...
Dermot bremner: Every system has its day, they have their day and cease to be .
Alfred Lord Tennyson
aryastark: I have been having a whole discussion with my friend's husband (who is an engineer) aboutnatural gas...
Nazery Khalid: Hi Ross
Greetings from Malaysia. Thanks for your comment and for sharing your invention...