|TMC compressors for Maersk box-ships|
|Wednesday, 01 February 2012 14:41|
Tamrotor Marine Compressors (TMC), supplier of compressed air systems for marine and offshore use, has received orders for a total of forty TMC SA30 compressors for the twenty massive Triple–E containerships currently being built for Maersk Line.
Maersk has ordered two TMC SA30 compressors for each of the twenty 18,000TEU vessels under construction at Daewoo Shipbuilding & Marine Engineering (DSME) in South Korea. According to TMC, with this order Maersk will ensure the most environmentally sustainable compressed air production on board the ships, with a reduction in energy consumption by 40-50 percent compared with conventional compressors.
The Triple–E containership is the world’s largest ship type. The new ships will surpass industry records for fuel efficiency and emissions per container moved, currently held by the Emma Maersk-class vessels.
For further information, contact:Tamrotor Marine Compressors, Norway Web: www.tmc.no
Latest Book Reviews
- Six Essential Elements Of Leadership: Marine Corps Wisdom of a Medal of Honor Recipient
- The Rockets’ Red Glare: An Illustrated History of the War of 1812
- The Work Of The Harbour Master
- South Pacific Cauldron: World War II’s Great Forgotten Battlegrounds
- Deep Sea And Foreign Going: Inside Shipping, The Invisible Industry That Brings You 90% Of Everything
- The Shark’s Paintbrush: Biomimicry and How Nature is Inspiring Innovation
- The American Clipper Ship, 1845-1920: A Comprehensive History, with a Listing of Builders and Their Ships
Latest CommentsHugh O'Neill: Once again, Captain George Livingstone hits the bull's eye. He has successfully articulated the issu...
Kenny: Mermaid Sapphire is not a Mermaid Marine Australia vessel. The vessel is owned by Thai Company with ...
Rob simm: How does seeing a vessel operating outside of Australia in Sakalin, have anything to do with the MUA...
Dan Westerlund: To be noted that bigger (wider) ships can be built in Turku than in Papenburg. There have been negot...