|TMC compressors for Maersk box-ships|
|Wednesday, 01 February 2012 14:41|
Tamrotor Marine Compressors (TMC), supplier of compressed air systems for marine and offshore use, has received orders for a total of forty TMC SA30 compressors for the twenty massive Triple–E containerships currently being built for Maersk Line.
Maersk has ordered two TMC SA30 compressors for each of the twenty 18,000TEU vessels under construction at Daewoo Shipbuilding & Marine Engineering (DSME) in South Korea. According to TMC, with this order Maersk will ensure the most environmentally sustainable compressed air production on board the ships, with a reduction in energy consumption by 40-50 percent compared with conventional compressors.
The Triple–E containership is the world’s largest ship type. The new ships will surpass industry records for fuel efficiency and emissions per container moved, currently held by the Emma Maersk-class vessels.
For further information, contact:Tamrotor Marine Compressors, Norway Web: www.tmc.no
Latest Book Reviews
- A Handful Of Bullets: How the Murder of Archduke Franz Ferdinand still Menaces the Peace
- Guidance For LNG Carriers: Transiting the Panama Canal
- Eagle Seamanship: A Manual for Square-Rigger Sailing
- West Coast Wrecks & Other Maritime Tales
- The Burning Shore: How Hitler’s U-Boats Brought World War II to America
- In The Shadow Of Greatness: Voices of Leadership, Sacrifice, and Service from America’s Longest War
- Rebalancing US Forces: Basing and Forward Presence in the Asia Pacific
Latest Commentsanna sinclair: I am working at Deep water point and would like to know the history of Paspaley family
Dave: Perhaps a bit more research would have helped your article accuracy on the push for more recreationa...
Fred: Meanwhile you guys wonder why no one pays your rants any attention. Took me quite sometime to go thr...
John Dunn.: I was an Indentured Apprentice in the 1960's after completing three years pre-sea training. As I c...