|TMC compressors for Maersk box-ships|
|Wednesday, 01 February 2012 15:41|
Tamrotor Marine Compressors (TMC), supplier of compressed air systems for marine and offshore use, has received orders for a total of forty TMC SA30 compressors for the twenty massive Triple–E containerships currently being built for Maersk Line.
Maersk has ordered two TMC SA30 compressors for each of the twenty 18,000TEU vessels under construction at Daewoo Shipbuilding & Marine Engineering (DSME) in South Korea. According to TMC, with this order Maersk will ensure the most environmentally sustainable compressed air production on board the ships, with a reduction in energy consumption by 40-50 percent compared with conventional compressors.
The Triple–E containership is the world’s largest ship type. The new ships will surpass industry records for fuel efficiency and emissions per container moved, currently held by the Emma Maersk-class vessels.
For further information, contact:Tamrotor Marine Compressors, Norway Web: www.tmc.no
Latest Book Reviews
- Surface Treated Composites: White Book
- A Year in the Life of the P&O Cruises Fleet
- An Introduction To Bunker Credit Risk
- The Tweed To The Northern Isles: The Fishing Industry Through Time
- Saltwater Leadership: A Primer on Leadership for the Junior Sea-Service Officer
- Megayachts: concept • design • construction
- Operation KE: The Cactus Air Force and the Japanese Withdrawal from Guadalcanal
Latest CommentsGeoff Collet:
As a retired commercial fisher, 60 odd years in or associated with that industry. I have...
Jack Nairn: Dear Mr Baird
Just a note of support to you for publicising the need for the world to have rap...
DAVID M. HIRD: An updated and enhanced second edition is now in preparation. Whereas the first edition concentrate...
Chris B.: What might prevent suicides amongst merchant crews?
From a mariner to the operating companies...