|TMC compressors for Maersk box-ships|
|Wednesday, 01 February 2012 14:41|
Tamrotor Marine Compressors (TMC), supplier of compressed air systems for marine and offshore use, has received orders for a total of forty TMC SA30 compressors for the twenty massive Triple–E containerships currently being built for Maersk Line.
Maersk has ordered two TMC SA30 compressors for each of the twenty 18,000TEU vessels under construction at Daewoo Shipbuilding & Marine Engineering (DSME) in South Korea. According to TMC, with this order Maersk will ensure the most environmentally sustainable compressed air production on board the ships, with a reduction in energy consumption by 40-50 percent compared with conventional compressors.
The Triple–E containership is the world’s largest ship type. The new ships will surpass industry records for fuel efficiency and emissions per container moved, currently held by the Emma Maersk-class vessels.
For further information, contact:Tamrotor Marine Compressors, Norway Web: www.tmc.no
Latest Book Reviews
- Dive Truk Lagoon: The Japanese WWII Pacific Shipwrecks
- HELMEPA’s Guide On Us Coast Guard Port State Control Examinations
- ITS 2014: The 23rd International Tug, Salvage & Osv Convention And Exhibition
- Méditerranée Mer Vivante: 18th édition
- Australia’s Secret War: How Unionists Sabotaged our Troops in World War II
- The Accidental Admiral: A Sailor Takes Command at NATO
- Performance By Design: Hydrodynamics for High-Speed Vessels
Latest Commentsunnammed: Also strange that Australia, the leaders in Aluminium boat building will rule out building the vesse...
Todd Hamilton: Agreed on all counts. Another point to take into account is contracts are sometimes paid for before...
anna sinclair: I am working at Deep water point and would like to know the history of Paspaley family
Dave: Perhaps a bit more research would have helped your article accuracy on the push for more recreationa...