|USS ‘Coronado’ equipped with Thrustmaster|
|Monday, 30 January 2012 14:22|
Launched this month by Austal US in Mobile, Alabama, the future USS ‘Coronado’ (LCS 4) is equipped with a Thrustmaster hydraulic retractable azimuthing thruster under her bow.
The 127-metre trimaran is the second littoral combat ship (LCS) that Thrustmaster of Texas has provided with secondary propulsion equipment. The first, USS ‘Independence’ (LCS 2), was commissioned in January of 2010 and is now fully operational.
Thrustmaster has received an additional order from Austal for two retractable hydraulic thrusters for LCS 6 and LCS 8. LCS 6 will be named USS ‘Jackson’, and LCS 8 will be named USS ‘Montgomery’. The retractable azimuthing thruster gives the ship’s captain more manoeuvrability at low speeds and provides a second-chance propulsion system during combat.
For further information contact:Thrustmaster of Texas, USA Web: www.thrustmastertexas.com
Cialis Side Effects is just like any other medication but do not need to worry and believe that all is bad. There is nothing surprising in this. Everyone is simple and clear.
Latest Book Reviews
- The US Naval Institute on Naval Strategy
- Silent And Unseen: On Patrol in Three Cold War Attack Submarines
- 21st Century Seamanship
- Small Navies: Strategy and Policy for Small Navies in War and Peace
- The Baltimore Sabotage Cell: German Agents, American Traitors, and the U-Boat Deutschland During World War I
- Re-Inventing The Ship: Science, Technology and the Maritime World, 1800-1918
- The Indian Ocean and US Grand Strategy: Ensuring Access And Promoting Security
Latest CommentsJ. K. M. Nair: Shipping always is a serious business and the world cannot ignore the fact that cargo moves means s...
Dirk Smit: Very informative...
stuart ballantyne: excellent ! couldn't have said it better myself...
Leonardo Alphonso: I am given to understand this book is useful for marine engineers for learning about purification of...