|USS ‘Coronado’ equipped with Thrustmaster|
|Monday, 30 January 2012 14:22|
Launched this month by Austal US in Mobile, Alabama, the future USS ‘Coronado’ (LCS 4) is equipped with a Thrustmaster hydraulic retractable azimuthing thruster under her bow.
The 127-metre trimaran is the second littoral combat ship (LCS) that Thrustmaster of Texas has provided with secondary propulsion equipment. The first, USS ‘Independence’ (LCS 2), was commissioned in January of 2010 and is now fully operational.
Thrustmaster has received an additional order from Austal for two retractable hydraulic thrusters for LCS 6 and LCS 8. LCS 6 will be named USS ‘Jackson’, and LCS 8 will be named USS ‘Montgomery’. The retractable azimuthing thruster gives the ship’s captain more manoeuvrability at low speeds and provides a second-chance propulsion system during combat.
For further information contact:Thrustmaster of Texas, USA Web: www.thrustmastertexas.com
Latest Book Reviews
- A Handful Of Bullets: How the Murder of Archduke Franz Ferdinand still Menaces the Peace
- Guidance For LNG Carriers: Transiting the Panama Canal
- Eagle Seamanship: A Manual for Square-Rigger Sailing
- West Coast Wrecks & Other Maritime Tales
- The Burning Shore: How Hitler’s U-Boats Brought World War II to America
- In The Shadow Of Greatness: Voices of Leadership, Sacrifice, and Service from America’s Longest War
- Rebalancing US Forces: Basing and Forward Presence in the Asia Pacific
Latest Commentsanna sinclair: I am working at Deep water point and would like to know the history of Paspaley family
Dave: Perhaps a bit more research would have helped your article accuracy on the push for more recreationa...
Fred: Meanwhile you guys wonder why no one pays your rants any attention. Took me quite sometime to go thr...
John Dunn.: I was an Indentured Apprentice in the 1960's after completing three years pre-sea training. As I c...