|USS ‘Coronado’ equipped with Thrustmaster|
|Monday, 30 January 2012 15:22|
Launched this month by Austal US in Mobile, Alabama, the future USS ‘Coronado’ (LCS 4) is equipped with a Thrustmaster hydraulic retractable azimuthing thruster under her bow.
The 127-metre trimaran is the second littoral combat ship (LCS) that Thrustmaster of Texas has provided with secondary propulsion equipment. The first, USS ‘Independence’ (LCS 2), was commissioned in January of 2010 and is now fully operational.
Thrustmaster has received an additional order from Austal for two retractable hydraulic thrusters for LCS 6 and LCS 8. LCS 6 will be named USS ‘Jackson’, and LCS 8 will be named USS ‘Montgomery’. The retractable azimuthing thruster gives the ship’s captain more manoeuvrability at low speeds and provides a second-chance propulsion system during combat.
For further information contact:Thrustmaster of Texas, USA Web: www.thrustmastertexas.com
Latest Book Reviews
- Nelson: Britannia’s God of War
- Rescue At 2100 Hours: The Untold Story of the Most Daring Escape of the Pacific Wa
- Uncommon Warriors: 200 Years of the Most Unusual American Naval Vessels
- The Aden Effect: A Connor Stark Novel
- To Crown The Waves: The Great Navies of the First World War
- Spanish Gold: Captain Woodes Rogers & the True Story of the Pirates of the Caribbean
- Lessons From The Hanoi Hilton: Six Characteristics of High Performance Teams
Latest CommentsDAVID M. HIRD: An updated and enhanced second edition is now in preparation. Whereas the first edition concentrate...
Chris B.: What might prevent suicides amongst merchant crews?
From a mariner to the operating companies...
Rossini J.C: BRAVO!!! ...I am not a pilot but I have been following this profession and professionails for too m...
Lepical: But why is this admirable book so hard to buy?...