|UltraJet powers new Rhino work/dive boat|
|Wednesday, 25 January 2012 16:20|
Wale Marine South Africa built the first Rhino Marine craft in 2003, since when the range has continually evolved and improved to meet clients’ needs.
Rhino workboats have been designed for use with outboard motors, inboard diesels with stern drives, or waterjets. The new fully-outfitted Rhino Marine 950 is an effective purpose-built workboat for offshore Dive SRP operations. It is powered by a single Steyr inboard diesel engine mounted via a ZF gearbox to a high-performance UltraJet UJ305HT waterjet, from UK-based Ultra Dynamics.
During sea trials this propulsion package achieved 22 knots – despite the customer’s specification only requiring a minimum speed of 15 knots. Though the sea trials were not geared to accurately ascertain cruising ranges, the general opinion was that the Steyr diesel and the UltraJet UJ305HT were an efficient combination and the system provided excellent manoeuvrability under all loading conditions.
Currently under construction is the new Rhino 690 EHD (Extra Heavy Duty), which will be fitted with an UltraJet 251 waterjet.
For further information contact:Ultra Dynamics, UK Web: www.ultradynamics.com
Latest Book Reviews
- The US Naval Institute on Naval Strategy
- Silent And Unseen: On Patrol in Three Cold War Attack Submarines
- 21st Century Seamanship
- Small Navies: Strategy and Policy for Small Navies in War and Peace
- The Baltimore Sabotage Cell: German Agents, American Traitors, and the U-Boat Deutschland During World War I
- Re-Inventing The Ship: Science, Technology and the Maritime World, 1800-1918
- The Indian Ocean and US Grand Strategy: Ensuring Access And Promoting Security
Latest CommentsJ. K. M. Nair: Shipping always is a serious business and the world cannot ignore the fact that cargo moves means s...
Dirk Smit: Very informative...
stuart ballantyne: excellent ! couldn't have said it better myself...
Leonardo Alphonso: I am given to understand this book is useful for marine engineers for learning about purification of...