|ITF President lays out international labour vision|
|Wednesday, 29 June 2011 18:23|
ITF (International Transport Workers’ Federation) President Paddy Crumlin promised a redoubled defence of workers’ rights yesterday when he addressed the International Brotherhood of Teamsters’ International Convention in Las Vegas, USA.
“We come here committed to forging an even stronger alliance and friendship in fighting with you across the globe to stop the war against workers,” he told the audience.
“We are here to organise alongside you for our working rights.
“We are here because we are angry about what is being done to workers and because we want to do something about it.
“We are here to get those rights back, our labour freedom back from the thieves and carpetbaggers robbing us with one hand and patting themselves on the back with the other.
“We are here because of the lies said about our unions and our labour movement and because we want the truth to resonate across our workplaces and be heard in all of our communities and nations.”
Latest Book Reviews
- Deep Sea And Foreign Going: Inside Shipping, The Invisible Industry That Brings You 90% Of Everything
- The Shark’s Paintbrush: Biomimicry and How Nature is Inspiring Innovation
- The American Clipper Ship, 1845-1920: A Comprehensive History, with a Listing of Builders and Their Ships
- Pollution Prevention From Ships: 30 Years of HELMEPA and MARPOL
- French Designs On Colonial New South Wales: François Péron’s Memoir on the English Settlement in New Holland, Van Diemen’s Land and The Archipelagos of the Great Pacific Ocean
- Through Albert’s Eyes: Volume 2 of the British Navy at War and Peace
- Coping With Piracy: Maritime Security Handbook
Latest CommentsKenny: Mermaid Sapphire is not a Mermaid Marine Australia vessel. The vessel is owned by Thai Company with ...
Rob simm: How does seeing a vessel operating outside of Australia in Sakalin, have anything to do with the MUA...
Dan Westerlund: To be noted that bigger (wider) ships can be built in Turku than in Papenburg. There have been negot...
Richard Stretch: Hi I am looking for information regarding Robert Farquhar.He was working at Walkers Limited earley i...