|ITF President lays out international labour vision|
|Wednesday, 29 June 2011 18:23|
ITF (International Transport Workers’ Federation) President Paddy Crumlin promised a redoubled defence of workers’ rights yesterday when he addressed the International Brotherhood of Teamsters’ International Convention in Las Vegas, USA.
“We come here committed to forging an even stronger alliance and friendship in fighting with you across the globe to stop the war against workers,” he told the audience.
“We are here to organise alongside you for our working rights.
“We are here because we are angry about what is being done to workers and because we want to do something about it.
“We are here to get those rights back, our labour freedom back from the thieves and carpetbaggers robbing us with one hand and patting themselves on the back with the other.
“We are here because of the lies said about our unions and our labour movement and because we want the truth to resonate across our workplaces and be heard in all of our communities and nations.”
Latest Book Reviews
- The Buccaneer Explorer: William Dampier’s Voyages
- The Containership Register 2015
- The U.S. Naval Institute On Naval Tactics
- Women And English Piracy 1540-1720: Partners and Victims of Crime
- China’s Naval Power: An Offensive Realist Approach
- Energy Security 2.0: How Energy is Central to the Changing Global Balance in the New Age of Geography
- The Conquest Of The North Atlantic: The Achievements of the Early Voyagers, Irish Monks and Viking Seafarers in the Deep Waters of the Atlantic
Latest CommentsTracey: I am reading a wonderful and impressive story......
Martin Renilson: Neil,
Nice positive comment - I couldn't agree with you more.
Ralph Stevens: Thanks for the insight Neil.
Robert Scorsone: Hi, I would like to know about the suction dredge the Sir Thomas Riley, built in Maryborough shipyar...