|Fighting Flotilla: RN Laforey Class Destroyers in World War II|
|Monday, 13 June 2011 16:44|
Author: Peter C. Smith
Publisher: Pen & Sword Maritime
From Baird MaritimeThe Laforey Class destroyers arguably represented the zenith of British destroyers. Large, fast, heavily armed and impressive looking, they were also very successful at war.
This well written and illustrated book describes their conception, design, development construction and operations. It makes for an exciting and interesting story.
The Laforeys were very effective weapons platforms that were generally very well commanded and crewed. They contributed substantially to the success of the Allies in many theatres but, most particularly, in the Mediterranean.
The author has done an excellent job of returning these fine ships to life.
Ordering information:Pen & Sword Maritime Barnsley, UK Web: www.pen-and-sword.co.uk
Buy this item from Amazon US
Buy this item from Amazon CA
Buy this item from Amazon UK
Buy this item from Amazon DE
Buy this item from Amazon FR
Buy this item from Amazon JP
Latest Book Reviews
- Nelson: Britannia’s God of War
- Rescue At 2100 Hours: The Untold Story of the Most Daring Escape of the Pacific Wa
- Uncommon Warriors: 200 Years of the Most Unusual American Naval Vessels
- The Aden Effect: A Connor Stark Novel
- To Crown The Waves: The Great Navies of the First World War
- Spanish Gold: Captain Woodes Rogers & the True Story of the Pirates of the Caribbean
- Lessons From The Hanoi Hilton: Six Characteristics of High Performance Teams
Latest CommentsDAVID M. HIRD: An updated and enhanced second edition is now in preparation. Whereas the first edition concentrate...
Chris B.: What might prevent suicides amongst merchant crews?
From a mariner to the operating companies...
Rossini J.C: BRAVO!!! ...I am not a pilot but I have been following this profession and professionails for too m...
Lepical: But why is this admirable book so hard to buy?...