|Fighting Flotilla: RN Laforey Class Destroyers in World War II|
|Monday, 13 June 2011 16:44|
Author: Peter C. Smith
Publisher: Pen & Sword Maritime
From Baird MaritimeThe Laforey Class destroyers arguably represented the zenith of British destroyers. Large, fast, heavily armed and impressive looking, they were also very successful at war.
This well written and illustrated book describes their conception, design, development construction and operations. It makes for an exciting and interesting story.
The Laforeys were very effective weapons platforms that were generally very well commanded and crewed. They contributed substantially to the success of the Allies in many theatres but, most particularly, in the Mediterranean.
The author has done an excellent job of returning these fine ships to life.
Ordering information:Pen & Sword Maritime Barnsley, UK Web: www.pen-and-sword.co.uk
Buy this item from Amazon US
Buy this item from Amazon CA
Buy this item from Amazon UK
Buy this item from Amazon DE
Buy this item from Amazon FR
Buy this item from Amazon JP
Latest Book Reviews
- Surface Treated Composites: White Book
- A Year in the Life of the P&O Cruises Fleet
- An Introduction To Bunker Credit Risk
- The Tweed To The Northern Isles: The Fishing Industry Through Time
- Saltwater Leadership: A Primer on Leadership for the Junior Sea-Service Officer
- Megayachts: concept • design • construction
- Operation KE: The Cactus Air Force and the Japanese Withdrawal from Guadalcanal
Latest CommentsGeoff Collet:
As a retired commercial fisher, 60 odd years in or associated with that industry. I have...
Jack Nairn: Dear Mr Baird
Just a note of support to you for publicising the need for the world to have rap...
DAVID M. HIRD: An updated and enhanced second edition is now in preparation. Whereas the first edition concentrate...
Chris B.: What might prevent suicides amongst merchant crews?
From a mariner to the operating companies...