|Tirpitz and the Imperial German Navy|
|Wednesday, 01 June 2011 11:08|
Author: Patrick J. Kelly
Publisher: Indiana University Press
From Baird Maritime
How, as a naval officer, he also became probably the second most effective politician in the history of Imperial Germany is a fascinating story. It is well told in this large, comprehensive and extensively researched book.
From comparatively small beginnings he developed the Imperial German Navy so that it seriously rivalled that of Great Britain. By determination, cunning, trickery and luck and, most of all, persistence, he built a powerful navy against strong odds.
As the author points out, Tirpitz had many failings and failures. He could have done better but that does not detract from his outstanding and long remembered achievement.
One of naval history’s most important participants is very well described here.
Buy this item from Amazon US
Buy this item from Amazon CA
Buy this item from Amazon UK
Buy this item from Amazon DE
Buy this item from Amazon FR
Buy this item from Amazon JP
Cialis Side Effects is just like any other medication but do not need to worry and think that all is bad. There is nothing surprising in this. Everything is simple and clear.
Latest Book Reviews
- The US Naval Institute on Naval Strategy
- Silent And Unseen: On Patrol in Three Cold War Attack Submarines
- 21st Century Seamanship
- Small Navies: Strategy and Policy for Small Navies in War and Peace
- The Baltimore Sabotage Cell: German Agents, American Traitors, and the U-Boat Deutschland During World War I
- Re-Inventing The Ship: Science, Technology and the Maritime World, 1800-1918
- The Indian Ocean and US Grand Strategy: Ensuring Access And Promoting Security
Latest CommentsJ. K. M. Nair: Shipping always is a serious business and the world cannot ignore the fact that cargo moves means s...
Dirk Smit: Very informative...
stuart ballantyne: excellent ! couldn't have said it better myself...
Leonardo Alphonso: I am given to understand this book is useful for marine engineers for learning about purification of...